Friday, September 18, 2009

The time that passes...

Often I wonder how time seems to go by so quickly. But then I remember the schedule that Jack and I continuously run on and remember quite well. The summer has come and gone and Fall will be upon us in a matter of days. I won’t bother to go into detail on the happenings of the summer, but I will shortly highlight a few (really, more than a few) things.

  • Hoping to finish his undergraduate degree as soon as possible, my sweet husband took a full schedule of classes over the summer. His class free summer didn’t start until August 6th and ended August 24th.
  • Dustin and Sloane moved to Blanding, UT.
  • Mid-July Jack became the official bread winner of our household. We found out at the beginning of June that I am pregnant. We then found out that “morning sickness” should actually be called inconsolable nausea and discomfort. Weeks 6 through 14 were what my own personal hell will be (definitely going to avoid sin…) and with approximately one semester left of school we decided that I should just focus on that. Sorry Stone Hill National and thanks for that promotion a few months ago… :S
  • We spent a few days with my family in Central Utah at the Sevier River in July. I don’t know that I have ever, or ever want to see, that much hair on men who haven’t even made it to 30 years old yet. (Zach, your back “wings”, as you called them, were especially disgusting). And I also found it funny that my 3 year old nephew could put sunscreen on more efficiently than my 61 year old father. (In response to us noticing his burn he replied, “Sunscreen never works for me”. Well, it had worked in the places he had applied it. He had handprints on his chest were the sunscreen had made it and was red everywhere else). A big thank you to Hot Rod and Vicki for planning and executing such a fun weekend.
  • Kevin Taylor proposed to my sister Megan. He treats her very well and doesn't weigh 540 lbs. This is promising.
  • Jack bought me a Kirsten American Girl doll for our one year anniversary. I cried. It was something that I had always wanted growing up but my parents were never able to afford… isn't he sweet!
  • I bought Jack a power drill for our one year anniversary. He almost cried.
  • Cole and Vanessa moved to Japan.
  • We moved into Cole and Vanessa’s apartment. Considering the fact that I was still feeling rather sick we were especially grateful to good friends and family who helped with the mvoe!
  • My dad sold his house in Spanish Fork (sniff sniff). We were moving at approximately the same time and weren’t able to offer a lot of help (Dad is a bit of a packrat though so I was somewhat grateful for that). I loved growing up in that house. My family, friends and neighborhood made it my home and I will always have tender feelings when I think back on it.
  • I started feeling alive again…I lost 10 lbs between week 6 and week 10 of pregnancy. Not throwing up 5 times a day is something I will appreciate much more than I ever could have imagined.
  • School started. Jack is not only taking 20 credit hours but is also working at least 34 hours a week and volunteering as an ESL teacher on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. I’ll still have 4 credit hours after this semester, but am so happy to finally see the end…well, of this degree.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed reading this! I love you! :)

Megan said...

Thanks sis... glad you think it is promising. :) Thanks for the part about the weight... hahaha