Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Finishing off the Week of JACK

Thursday: Jack goes to DISNEYLAND!
As suggested by our previous blog, Jack and I decided to spend his birthday in the magical kingdom. I think the Land of Disney is suffering from inflation because I ate a $6 hot dog...Our lunch, in fact, consisted of 2 hot dogs, a water and a coke which came to a total of $19.24. I don't know the specifics of Disneyland's government, but I think someone is making money...

Because it was Jack's birthday, Disneyland gave him this button with his name on it. If you have ever been to Disneyland you understand how friendly the workers are there. So, just imagine for a moment my sweet husband frolicing gaily along the streets of Disneyland while every few feet a friendly voice says, "JACK! Happy Birthday!" or "Happy Birthday Jackattack". I don't know that I have ever seen him quite as giddy.

Jack wearing his special boy button

Here we are at my castle. Unfortunately, we had to take this picture ourselves which means you get a very close shot of our faces. CHEESE! We had to get a picture of Jack with Jack (also known as Linguini). It's kind of hard to tell what is behind Jackattack, but it is a scene from RatatouilleMy sister-in-law, Meredith, has been trying to teach her son to call Jack, Uncle Linguini Mary Poppins and BertIf you are wondering, yes, that is real strain on Jack's face. He is actually trying to pull the sword out of the stone...unfortunately, no luck.Me and my castleMe and Jack with our fairies: Flora, Fauna and MerryweatherD'AaRh!This is us on the train. And no, that is not a red shirt, that is my "I'm so pastey white I burn in an afternoon of 80 degree weather"This was Jack's birthday pie that we bought on our way home from Disneyland. Although it looks decent, it was way too rich. I felt like I was eating brown butter smothered in sugar and syrup...yucky.

Friday: Jack catches a 4 a.m. Super Shuttle back to the airport

Seriously, we woke up at 3:30 a.m. to catch a shuttle. Our alarm went off and I irritatingly asked, "Jack...Jack, what IS that?" He chuckled a little bit and said, "It's our alarm honey. It's time to get up." From there I think I said something to the effect of, "NOOOOO!"
This is Jack on the plane. Look carefully. He insisted on wearing his seatbelt over his blanket so that the flight attendants would know he had his seatbelt on.


Friday evening Jack's parental unit, Karrie and Bill, took us to Jack's favorite restaurant Rio Grande. We were joined by fabulous Cassie (Jack's favorite sister) and her boyfriend Daniel.

Saturday: Jack has a day with the boys

By boys, I mean nearly all of our nephews. We got to play with Royal all morning followed by an evening with Dashiel and Myles. If you noticed, I said nearly all of our nephews, that's right, Jennie had a baby. And he even came on Jack's birthday (best birthday present ever...thanks Jen!).

Chase Morgan Fife born: March 19, 2009

7lbs 7oz 19 inches. He spent a few days in the NICU, but is now at home with his parents and doing very well. Isn't he cute?!

Sunday: Jack joins a rock band...well, kind of...

I guess I should say Jack reunites with his band. When in Rome performed in Spanish Fork this last Sunday with a few guest appearances from Matt and Heather Kiisel and Jake Patton. Groupies included Tiffani Lehmitz, Sausha Christensen and Megan Norman (even though Megan should be listed as a member of the band and I was pretty freaking awesome at the bass drum). Jack and I had to chuckle on the way home that evening, we could kind of tell who the busiest out of the bunch were by their guitar hero skills. Let's just say Will, Tiffani, Jack and I weren't quite as good as the rest.

I hope you had a happy WEEK of JACK love....
I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun that Chase was born on Jack's birthday! And why wasn't your neck burned at all???

Tina said...

Hey saush...ummm....I mean margaret! hahaha! You make me laugh! I tried calling you but no one would talk to me...do you have an extention? Looks like you guys had a grand ol time at Disneyland! Love the pics! I miss you!

Sapp Family said...

What a fun week you guys had! And the baby is sooo cute...and that's so exciting he was born on his Uncle Jack's b-day!