Monday, March 30, 2009

Hare Krishna Celebration!

Although orignially from Spanish Fork, this year was my first year participating in the Festival of Colors at the Hare Krishna temple in Spanish Fork. Will Lehmitz joined us in the fun (Tiffani was at the Young Women's broadcast and couldn't make it). If you are interested in the history of this holiday, there is a short article that gives a brief synopsis of the myth it is based on at the following website: http://www.indiamarks.com/guide/Holi-The-Hindu-Festival-of-Color-/2719Our ascension towards the temple.
Please pay close attention to Jack's shirt in this picture...it says "No Sweat I'm a dancer" on it.
The crowd was unreal. There were thousands of people there.And the fun begins!This was actually kind of a yucky kiss because our mouths were covered in dyed starch.
Jackattack and Will flexing their muscles

And the final products...
Jackattack
William
Sausha (if you zoom in on this picture you will see that my teeth are covered in purple starch)

The celebration was a lot of fun. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't had the opportunity to attend yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel a little bit better knowing it was your first year. :) I'll definitely have to go next year!

Tiffani said...

I wish I could have been there. Will has worked very hard to make his underclothings white again. I loved the pictures!